Youth Council Applications - Due October 15
The deadline to apply for appointment to the Youth Council has been extended to October 15.
The City Council will appoint nine young people to serve as the 2018-2019 Takoma Park Youth Council.
Youth Council member qualifications:
- Takoma Park residents
- Students in grades 7-12
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average for the current school year
The Takoma Park Youth Council provide opportunities for young people in Takoma Park to:
- acquire a greater knowledge of and appreciation for local government through active participation in the system;
- help the City Council to address problems and accomplish the goals of this community by working directly with the representatives of youth; and
- serve the youth of Takoma Park by:
- informing the Takoma Park municipal government of the needs and wishes of youth,
- planning and implementing social, educational, cultural and recreational activities for the youth,
- working with the Mayor, City Council, City department heads, schools, civic clubs and service organizations to provide service and leadership opportunities for the youth of the City, and,
- helping to instill a feeling of positive self-worth and esteem, teaching respect for the rights of others, and promoting community pride.
The application to serve on the 2018-2019 Takoma Park Youth Council is now available. Apply by October 15.
Additional information is available on the Youth Council web page.