Dumpster or Storage Container Permit
The City of Takoma Park Public Works Department is responsible for issuing a permit for placement of a dumpster or storage container in a City of Takoma Park right of way. This is usually an adjacent road. If you plan to locate a dumpster or container on a City of Takoma Park right-of-way you will need to obtain a permit.
A permit is not required if the dumpster is placed in the driveway.
How to Apply for a Dumpster or Storage Container Permit:
- Start your Dumpster or Storage Container Permit Application using the MyTKPK web portal by following this link:
- Click ‘Create Account’ and enter your information if you have not previously used the system. If you have already created an account, log in with your associated account’s email address.
- Follow the prompts to provide the required information, including attaching any relevant drawings or documents, and submit.
- An automatically sent email will notify you that the application fee invoice is ready to be paid. Click the application number link in the email (W000001-010122) or log back into MyTKPK to view your in-progress application. There will now be a button titled ‘View Invoices’ next to your application. Click this and follow the prompts to pay the invoice. With the inspection fee paid, your request will now be in the queue for the City Staff to review.
- Note! You may need to adjust your internet browser settings to allow ‘pop-ups’ from the MyTKPK page for the invoice payment page to load correctly.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for the City Staff to review your submission. Then, you will receive a response by email with the City’s determination and any required next steps.
- Note that you may not place your Dumpster or Storage Container until you have received notice from the City of Takoma Park stating that you have received your permit.
Important Links and Resources
PDF of Dumpster or Storage Container Permit Application (Please use the MyTKPK Web Portal, if possible!)