Work In the Right-of-Way Permit
How to Apply for a Work in the Right of Way Permit:
- Start your Work in the Right of Way Permit Application using the MyTKPK web portal by following this link:
- Click ‘Create Account’ and enter your information if you have not previously used the system. If you have already created an account, log in with your associated account’s email address.
- Follow the prompts to provide the required information, including attaching any relevant drawings or documents, and submit.
- An automatically sent email will notify you that the application fee invoice is ready to be paid. Click the application number link in the email (W000001-010122) or log back into MyTKPK to view your in-progress application. There will now be a button titled ‘View Invoices’ next to your application. Click this and follow the prompts to pay the invoice. With the inspection fee paid, your request will now be in the queue for the City Staff to review.
- Note! You may need to adjust your internet browser settings to allow ‘pop-ups’ from the MyTKPK page for the invoice payment page to load correctly.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for the City Staff to review your submission. Then, you will receive a response by email with the City’s determination and any required next steps.
- Note that you may not start Work until you have received notice from the City of Takoma Park stating that you have received your permit.
Important Links and Resources
MyTKPK Web Portal for Work in the Right of Way Permit Applications
City of Takoma Park Municipal Code Chapter 11.12: Permits and Improvements
PDF of Work in the Right of Way Application (Please use the MyTKPK Web Portal, if possible!)
Work in the Right of Way Permit Staff Contact
Carlos Iraheta, Construction Manager
Permits & Licenses Sections