Why Takoma Park?
We Have A Reputation
Takoma Park boasts an ideal location, charming environment, and progressive outlook. Home to distinct commercial areas supporting independent businesses of all stripes, we are a community that fosters creative ventures and expanding opportunities. In Takoma Park, there is something for everyone.
Who’s Here Now
More than 2,500 businesses call Takoma Park home, with an exceptional number of independent, non-profit, and locally-owned establishments serving the community.
Access & Location
A walkable community anchored by two transit hubs, Takoma Park is well served by all modes of transportation connecting to the Washington Metropolitan area. Takoma Park is only 6 miles from the US Capitol Building, 4 miles from the FDA Campus in White Oak, and 3 miles from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Residents and customers love Takoma Park for its eclectic variety of independent, international, and alternative offerings. Takoma Park is a welcoming community, known for its civic engagement, tree-lined streets, cultural amenities, and inclusive events.
Takoma Park’s Residents
- Population – 17,307
- Median Household Income – $78,106
- Median Home Value – $475,000
- Median Age – 38.1
- Residents Aged 18 and Older – 77.2%
- Residents With High School Diploma or Higher – 89.6%
- Residents With Bachelor’s Degree or Higher – 52.8%
- Residents Commuting to Work by Public Transportation – 29.7%
- Residents Commuting to Work by Bicycle – 2.5%
- Residents Who Work at Home – 7.5%