Board of Elections
About the Board of Elections
The Board of Elections shall:
- Plan and conduct regular and special City elections in coordination with the City Clerk;
- Encourage voter registration in the City;
- Conduct voter education programs and prepare and distribute voter outreach materials;
- Recommend to the Council amendments to the City’s elections law and regulations when it deems such amendments are necessary and will provide for the improved conduct of elections;
- Periodically review City elections procedures;
- Serve as election judges in City elections;
- Recommend additional qualified individuals to the Council for appointment as election judges during a regular or special City election;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to the Board of Elections by Charter, ordinances and resolutions, and by the direction of the Council.
Board of Elections Membership
Adapted from Takoma Park Municipal Code 5.24.020:
Up to seven members may be appointed to the Board of Elections. Board members serve three-year terms. Terms expire June 30.
Board of Elections Members
|Last Name||First Name||Ward||Term Expiration|
Board of Elections Meetings
Meetings are generally held at the Takoma Park Community Center – Sam Abbott Citizens’ Center located at 7500 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912. Meeting dates and agendas are posted on the City Council, Board, Commission & Committee Calendar page.
Changes of location or date will be posted in the Community Center and noted on the City Council, Board, Commission & Committee Calendar page.
Board of Elections Agendas & Approved MinutesTable: Board of Elections Agendas & Approved Minutes.
Board of Elections Documents & Reports
Board of Elections Reports & Other Documents
|Date||Document Type / Description||Title & Link (PDF)|
|2018-09-12||Election Report - November 7, 2017|