City Council, Board, Commission & Committee Meetings
CITY CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
All meetings of the City Council and all Council-appointed board, commission, and committee meetings are open to the public unless noted otherwise. Scheduled meetings are posted on this calendar, in the Takoma Park Newsletter, on the bi-weekly Takoma Insider email [Insider signup link], and on the weekly City Council agenda email [agenda signup link]. This calendar will have the most up-to-date information.
Whenever possible, a meeting agenda or link to the agenda is listed on the calendar entry.
Meeting locations are included on the calendar entry. Most meetings are held at the Takoma Park Community Center – Sam Abbott Citizens’ Center at 7500 Maple Avenue. If a facility is closed due to inclement weather or other emergencies, meetings will be postponed or canceled and notice will be provided on this site.
ADA Compliance Notice
The City of Takoma Park is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in public meetings. Anyone with a disability who 1) wishes to receive auxiliary aids, services, or accommodations at a City of Takoma Park public meeting or public hearing; or 2) cannot attend a public meeting but would like to record an audio comment to be played during the public comment period of the meeting, is invited to contact Jessie Carpenter, City Clerk, at email@example.com or 301-891-7267 at least 48 hours in advance.
To see event details or add an event to your own personal calendar select “More details…”
Police Chief's Advisory Board meeting 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
To observe the meeting, please contact Cathy Plevy (CathyP@takomaparkmd.gov).
- Intro - new board member, Brian Payne, Ward 3
- ARPA funds discussion- mental health counselors
- County level Police Disciplinary Board Update
- Vaccine mandate, potential impact of PD staffing
- PSTF recommendations/City Council Presentation
Roundtable Discussion Board Members
Questions/Comments Board Members
Sustainable Banking and Investments Task Force 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
1. approve minutes of previous meeting
2. Discussion of working group I (current situation/background) with comments from City's Finance Director, Susan Cheung/ questions for Susan
2. Discussion of working group 2 (definition of sustainable)
3. Discussion of working group 3 (what can we learn from other jurisdictions?)
4. any other business
5. confirm time for next meeting (Feb. 7)/ adjourn.
Arts and Humanities Committee meeting 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
City Council meeting 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM |
Youth Council meeting agenda 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM |
Sustainable Banking & Investment Task Force meeting 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
Tree Commission meeting 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
Board of Elections meeting 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM |
Recreation Committee meeting 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
Youth Council meeting 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM |
City Council, Board, Commission & Committee Meeting Calendar