List of Public Meetings
This calendar includes City Council meetings and selected City Council events, City Board, Commission and Committee meetings, City holidays, and selected events or items of interest. Ordinarily, meetings are held in the Takoma Park Community Center – Sam Abbott Citizens’ Center unless noted otherwise. During the public health emergency, meetings are only held remotely. Future dates are subject to change.
Information about viewing City Council meetings is published on the City Council agenda page. Information on viewing board, commission, and committee meetings will be published before the meeting on the BCC calendar.
(List updated September 19, 2020)
• MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 – Police Chief’s Advisory Board meeting, 7:00 PM (Remote/Virtual Meeting)
• WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 – CITY COUNCIL ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTION SESSION, 6:00 – 7:30 (Semi-Annual Check in with the City Attorney – Administrative Function Sessions are closed to the public.)
• WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 – CITY COUNCIL MEETING, 7:30 PM (Remote/Virtual Meeting)
• THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 – Emergency Preparedness Committee meeting, 7:00 PM (Remote/Virtual Meeting)
• THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 – Board of Elections meeting, 7:00 PM (Remote/Virtual Meeting)
• THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 – Committee on the Environment special meeting, 7:00 PM (Remote/Virtual Meeting)
• THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 – CANCELLED Tree Commission hearing, 6:45 PM (Remote/Virtual Hearing)
• SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 – Yom Kippur begins at sundown
• MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 – Yom Kippur
• WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 – CITY COUNCIL MEETING, 7:30 PM (Remote/Virtual Meeting)
The City of Takoma Park is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in public meetings. Anyone with a disability who wishes to receive auxiliary aids, services, or accommodations at a City of Takoma Park public meeting or public hearing is invited to contact Jessie Carpenter, City Clerk, at email@example.com or 301-891-7267 at least 48 hours in advance.