If you need a safe place for your student to stay after the regular summer school day, help is here! This supervised, low-key program is available to students from Piney Branch Elementary School and Takoma Park Elementary Schools.
Summer Extra is a NEW program to offset your child’s MCPS Summer School Day. This four-week program is a general recreation before and after school program providing games, activities, sports, and crafts. Activities will be both indoor and outdoors.
Ages: Grades K-5 at PBES and TPES
Dates: July 6 – July 30
Times: 7 -9 am and 2 – 6 pm
Cost: $400 for City Residents/$500 Non-Residents
Summer Extra is available at both facilities:
- Takoma Park Community Center
7500 Maple Ave.
- Takoma Park Recreation Center
7315 New Hampshire Ave.
- June 7 – Scholarship Awardees
- June 11 – Takoma Park Residents
- June 18 – Non-Residents
- Program fees are for the entire 4 week program
- Participants can take advantage of both before and after care for the same price
- Staff will pick up students at designated locations for the Community Center program (Maple Ave.)
- Parents must arrange transportation through MCPS for the Recreation Center (7315 New Hampshire Ave.)
- Masks are required while inside and when unable to physically distance outside.
- Paperwork required prior to start date.
- Snack time is provided during aftercare for participants to eat a snack brought from home.
- Staff will meet parents outside to sign them in and out.
- Late fees apply to those picked up after 6pm
REGISTER ONLINE FOR CHILDCARE PROGRAMS
You can register for childcare, classes and request rentals through ActiveNet.