2024 City Election for Mayor & Council

Takoma Park Elections Will Take Place on Tuesday, November 5, 2024

Library Renovations Update: Water Utility Work to Begin Monday, July 8, 2024 - Parking Impacts

The scheduling of demolition and construction timelines are pending weather.

Active Alerts
  • No results found for this search.

Dog Park

Current Project Status

The opening of the Takoma Park Dog Park is scheduled for Sunday, April 2 at 1:30 p.m.

Dog Park Rules

1. You must pick up your dog’s poop
2. Dogs must be over 4 months old & be fully vaccinated
3. All dogs over 6 months old must be spayed or neutered
4. Handlers must stop aggressive dog behavior (humping is an aggressive behavior)
5. Dogs must be continuously supervised & under control of handler
6. Maximum 3 dogs per handler
7. Dog handlers must be age 13 or older
8. Dog handlers must leash their dogs before exiting the dog park entrance vestibule
9. Dog handlers should refrain from eating or having food at the dog park (because food can cause aggression in some dogs as well as attract rats)
10. Dogs must display current license and rabies vaccination tags
11. No glass containers
12. Smoking & vaping prohibited
13. Parents must be in control of their children
14. Hours of dog park are from dawn to dusk
15. Dog handlers and owners are liable for any injuries or damage caused by their dogs
16. No professional dog training unless approved by city manager
17. Violations of the leash law, pooper-scooper law and can result in a fine of $100.
18. Dog handlers are encouraged to bring drinking water for dogs

Construction Pictures:

img_3063-99   img_0212-99

Project Lead & Contact Info

Nima Upadhyay
Special Projects Coordinator
Phone: 301-891-7621
Email: nimau@takomaparkmd.gov

Dog Park Details

Project Info & Timeline

  • Target completion date: 2016 – December
  • Takoma Park’s role in project: Lead
  • Departments involved: Public Works

Budget & Funding Source

Budget: $200,000
Funding Source: Program Open Space grant from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources; grant covers 75% of costs (City of Takoma Park pays remaining 25%)

Links & Notes





Project Directory Sections