About the Streetscape Manual
The project will produce a document that identifies the specifications (type, size, color, etc.) and locations of all streetscape elements in City’s public right-of-way, including notes on installation and vendor options. The Streetscape Manual does not set new policy or revise regulations and standards, but rather codifies the City’s existing policies, decisions, and practices that relate to improving and maintaining streetscapes in Takoma Park. The Manual is intended to be updated annually, incorporating new products, policies, and practices that are adopted or initiated on a project basis.
Current Project Status
The Takoma Park Streetscape Manual was adopted by City Council Resolution on July 20, 2016.
Project Lead & Contact Info
Streetscape Manual Details
Project Info & Timeline
- Current target completion date: 2016 – June
- Project initiation date: 2015 – January
- Original project completion date: 2015 – December
- Takoma Park’s role in project: Lead
- Departments involved: Housing & Community Development and Public Works
Budget & Funding Source
N/A (City staff time)
Links & Notes