Takoma Park Reopening Schedule
I am so pleased to be able to share that, because the COVID-19 pandemic is coming under control in our region, the City of Takoma Park can begin reopening our facilities to the public!
Here are the highlights:
- On June 14 in-person City services by appointment only will begin
- On June 14 the Public Works Lobby will be open to the public
- On July 6 the Takoma Park Maryland Library will reopen for in-person services
- On August 23 all City facilities will fully reopen to the general public
- In City facilities, masks will be required for visitors and staff in lobby areas and in areas with children’s programs or services
- Masks are optional for City staff outdoors and in non-public areas of City facilities
- City staff will be prepared to wear masks when entering homes and other constrained private spaces on City business and when requested to do so by a person with whom they are interacting
Mask requirements will continue through August 22, 2021.
See our COVID-19 page for more detailed information, which will be refined over the coming weeks. Any of these plans may change based on revised guidance from the CDC, State of Maryland or Montgomery County, and we will let you know if they do.
Thank you to so many Takoma Park residents for taking safety precautions over many months and then getting vaccinated when you were able to do so – your actions have made a real difference in our community!