2022 Fall Leaf Collection Schedule: Monday, Nov 14, through Friday, Dec 16
2022 Fall Leaf Collection
Fall leaf collection started November 14, 2022, and continues through December 16, 2022.
- This year’s collection will divide the City into five zones, with one leaf collection vehicle per zone.
- This arrangement is expected to provide at least collections between November 14, 2022, and December 16, 2022.
State Highway routes will receive a collection on the following scheduled dates:
- Monday, December 12
Streets affected Carroll Ave, Ethan Allen Ave, and Philadelphia Ave
- Saturday, December 3
Streets affected Flower Ave (7900 – 8600) and Piney Branch Rd
Leaf Collection Hotline
Public Works has set up a Leaf Collection Hotline at 301-891-7626. Residents may call the Leaf Collection Hotline and leave a voice message to notify Public Works when leaves have been raked out to the curb. Public Works expects to collect the leaves within two weeks.
Important guidelines to be followed for leaf collection
- Place leaves into a pile close to the edge of the curb.
- Avoid piling leaves where cars are likely to be parked.
- Do not rake leaves into the street. Leaf piles create traffic hazards.
- Do not include branches, brush, vines, rocks, or debris. These items damage equipment and delay collection.
- Do not pile leaves near storm drain inlets. Leaves can block the drains and cause flooding problems.
- Do not park your car in front of a leaf pile. Restricting access to leaf piles delays collection.
Learn more about the City’s leaf collection schedule and guidelines for 2022.