May is National Bike Month! Annual Bike to School Day on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Bike to School Day!
May is National Bike Month, which means that the City of Takoma Park is working on a host of bike safety and promotion initiatives. This includes the Annual Bike to School Day on Wednesday, May 3rd!
Bike to School Day invites students, teachers, and staff to travel to and from school by bike (or scooters and other human-powered, wheeled devices). In the past, the City’s Safe Routes to School program has partnered with administrators and PE teachers to coordinate bike safety education, prize giveaways, and more!
Due to the ongoing staffing limitations, our programming for this year will continue to be modified from previous years. However, we are excited to offer resources and support to make this another great Bike to School Day event!
Available Bike-to-School Day Resources:
- Bike Safety Swag to give away (reflective and light-up bands, bike lights, and more)
- Bike Safety Banner Set
- Bike Safety Tips for morning announcements for the days leading up to Bike to School Day
- An event flier to send home (attached)
– Without knowing the details of your programming, we didn’t want to add too much information, so we updated the fliers from last year. Feel free to give feedback or adjust on your own as desired. If you need printing support, too, please let us know.
- City staff coordination support (we’re happy to brainstorm ideas for PE, curricular integration, or day-of programming!)