Most City facilities are closed to the public. The Police Department is open for certain limited services on weekdays, and 24/7 for emergency services.

Visit Information and Resources - Covid-19 Response page on the website.

Active Alerts
  • No results found for this search.

Fence Permit

If you plan to construct a fence on your property, you need to apply for a Fence Permit from the Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services. You will also need a Municipality Letter from the Takoma Park Planning Department.

If you intend to construct a fence across or on the City Right of Way, you will need permission from the City of Takoma Park to install it on the City Right of Way. Please use this Fence Agreement form to request permission. If approved, you will need to provide proof of the City’s approval for the installation (as well as the Municipality Letter) before submitting your construction permit to the Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services. In addition, you will need to record the permission into the land records of Montgomery County.

Permits & Licenses Sections