Careers With Takoma Park
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of career opportunities. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide the expertise, dedication, and imagination to propel us toward a promising future.
We are a group of individuals who have come together to accomplish the goal of championing quality and efficiency through a dedicated workforce and cooperative spirit. We welcome the opportunity to include you in this dynamic team of people who really care about providing excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. If you are looking for an interesting career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further!
- Human Resources Generalist to provide high level support to assigned HR functions, programs, and activities for over 200 full- and part-time employees.
- Housing and Community Development Coordinator to provide support to the Economic Development, Housing, and Planning divisions
- Senior Accounting Assistant to provide support to the Finance Department, in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Leaf Collection Laborers to assist with the 2021 Leaf Collection Season.
- Crossing Guard to help ensure the safe streets and passage of our young residents during before and after school hours.
- More postings
Online Recruiting System
The Takoma Park Human Resources Department online recruiting system is used to announce employment opportunities, accept applications, and provide applicants with feedback regarding the status of their applications.
How to Apply for a Career
Use our Career Opportunities site to view all of our current vacancies. This page is updated regularly. Vacancy announcements can be shared with friends who may be interested in working with the City. All applications are accepted via the online recruiting system only for those positions which are currently announced.
How to Use the Online Recruiting System
If this is your first application with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account with an email address. This will give you the opportunity to update your information from a single source without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
Once you have completed setting up your account, you will be able to apply for positions. You may do so by using the link for the position which interests you and selecting “apply”.
After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.