Careers With Takoma Park
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of career opportunities. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide the expertise, dedication, and imagination to propel us toward a promising future.
We are a group of individuals who have come together to accomplish the goal of championing quality and efficiency through a dedicated workforce and cooperative spirit. We welcome the opportunity to include you in this dynamic team of people who really care about providing excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. If you are looking for an interesting career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further!
- Economic Development Manager with a broad range of economic development experience to provide positive strategies for long-term economic change on: business development, retention, and expansion; entrepreneurship support, workforce development; business recruitment and marketing; and small business engagement.
- Front Desk and Passport Agent to be responsible for the reception area of the Takoma Park Community Center and the processing of U.S. Passport applications
- Maintenance Technician (Seasonal) to perform a variety of routine maintenance duties for the Public Works Department. The employees in this position are expected be active through October 2021, and may work up to 40 hours per week, as assigned.
- Senior Accounting Assistant to provide support to the Finance Department, in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Communications Officer (Police Dispatcher) to provide prompt and accurate dispatching of police units; receive and disseminate emergency and non-emergency calls for service from citizens on the telephone; and enter and maintain records in computer system. Applicants are required to successfully pass a written exam and thorough background investigation.
- More postings
Online Recruiting System
The Takoma Park Human Resources Department online recruiting system is used to announce employment opportunities, accept applications, and provide applicants with feedback regarding the status of their applications.
How to Apply for a Career
Use our Career Opportunities site to view all of our current vacancies. This page is updated regularly. Vacancy announcements can be shared with friends who may be interested in working with the City. All applications are accepted via the online recruiting system only for those positions which are currently announced.
How to Use the Online Recruiting System
If this is your first application with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account with an email address. This will give you the opportunity to update your information from a single source without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
Once you have completed setting up your account, you will be able to apply for positions. You may do so by using the link for the position which interests you and selecting “apply”.
After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.