Careers With Takoma Park
- Sanitation Driver to drive a refuse packer truck and recycling vehicle in providing trash and recycling collection for the City.
- IT Project Specialist responsible for the development of city software applications and information technology systems. This is a limited time position, concluding at the end of calendar year 2026.
- Planning Intern seeking experience in community planning, transportation planning, GIS-mapping, public outreach, and more.
- Special Projects Coordinator to support the Planning Division’s pedestrian and bike safety programming, including the City’s Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program. Part time / 20 hrs/week.
- Economic Development Specialist to support local small business and the creation of a diverse and strong local economy through thoughtful programming, policies, and property development. This position will begin on July 1, 2023.
- Custodian (Evening shift 3-11pm) to perform routine building maintenance to include cleaning and repairing the property, systems, and equipment of multiple locations within the City of Takoma Park.
- Police Officers, both entry level and lateral, to patrol City streets; enforce local, state and federal laws; maintains law and order and protects life and property, and deters crime.
- More postings
Please note that COVID vaccinations are now mandatory for all City staff, and will be confirmed with other pre-employment screenings once an offer has been extended.
Apply for a job at the City of Takoma Park
All applications for City positions MUST be sent through the online recruiting system.
- The first time you apply for a position with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account. On future visits, you’ll then be able to use your stored resume and contact information without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
- After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
- Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.
- Careers with Takoma Park
- FY23 Salary Range Tables
- 2023 Payroll Calendar (pdf)
- Forms and Resources for City Employees
- Employee Benefits
- Personnel Policies
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of employment opportunities, from a teenager’s first job to senior management positions. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. Whether you are looking for an internship, part-time or seasonal work, or a long-term career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further.