Crime Prevention & Safety Tips
Crime prevention is defined as “the anticipation, the recognition, and the appraisal of a crime risk and the initiation of action to remove or reduce it.” Plainly speaking, crime prevention is recognizing that a crime risk exists and taking some corrective action to eliminate or reduce that risk. Be our partners in reducing crime. Let’s make a difference together! Please review these crime prevention tips and visit our Services & Programs page. If you see suspicious activity, on the street or in a parking lot, call Takoma Park Police at 301-270-1100.
- Burglary Prevention
- Gang Prevention
- Gas Station Theft from Auto
- Secure Your Vehicle
- Are Your House Numbers Clearly Visible from the Street?
- Do Not Leave Your Car Running Unattended in Cold Weather
- Do Not Text and Drive
- Fall Maintenance to Ensure Your Home is Ready for Winter
- Fire Pits and Open Burning Guidelines, Restrictions and Safety Information