Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day - Saturday, June 15
2019 Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day
To assist residents with proper and safe disposal of hazardous waste, the Public Works Department holds an annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off day.
Date: Saturday, June 15, 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00
On Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day, Takoma Park residents can drop off household hazardous waste for free (non-residents will be charged a $10 fee) at the yard at the Public Works Facility.
What Can Be Accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day in Takoma Park
- aerosol cans containing hazardous products
- antifreeze and hydraulic fluids (5 gallon limit)
- batteries : lithium, lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium, car (lead acid)
- brake fluid
- charcoal containing flammable agents
- driveway sealant, tar
- gasoline, gas-oil mixes, kerosene
- herbicides, insecticides and pesticides
- fluorescent light tubes and ballast
- thermostats and thermometers containing mercury
- oil based paints, paint thinners and solvents
- photographic chemicals
Not Accepted Household Hazardous Waste Items
- latex paint
- commercial, industrial or medical wastes
- compressed gas cylinders or radioactive materials
Use Takoma Park’s Waste Wizard to check if something can be brought to Public Works, or should be safely disposed during our annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day.
Please direct your questions and concerns related to Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day to:
Special Projects Coordinator
Curbside Collection Services Sections
Georgetown University Energy Prize
Thank you to everyone who participated
Takoma Park Won Third Place!We Won 3rd Place!