Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day - Saturday, June 3, 2023 - 10:00am - 2:00pm
2023 Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day
To assist residents with proper and safe disposal of hazardous waste, the Public Works Department holds an annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off day.
Date: Saturday, June 03, 2023
Time: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Public Works Yard
City of Takoma Park
31 Oswego Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
On Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day, Takoma Park residents can drop off household hazardous waste for free (non-residents will be charged a $10 fee (CHECKS ONLY) at the Public Works Facility.
This is the process to drop off materials:
- Enter from the Oswego Avenue entrance only.
- Follow the guidance of the staff directing traffic, all vehicles will exit out the Ritchie Avenue driveway.
- All hazardous materials for drop off must be in the trunk of the car or bed of a pickup truck only – no materials will be taken out of the interior of your car.
- City staff will remove the hazardous materials from the trunk or pick up truck – participants must stay in their cars at all times.
What Can Be Accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day in Takoma Park?
- Aerosol cans containing hazardous products
- Antifreeze and hydraulic fluids (5-gallon limit)
- Batteries: lithium, lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium, car (lead acid)
- Brake fluid
- Charcoal containing flammable agents
- Driveway sealant, tar
- Gasoline, gas-oil mixes, kerosene
- Herbicides, insecticides, and pesticides
- Fluorescent light tubes and ballast
- Thermostats and thermometers containing mercury
- Oil-based paints, paint thinners and solvents
- Photographic chemicals
Not Accepted Household Hazardous Waste Items
- Latex paint
- Commercial, industrial or medical wastes
- Compressed gas cylinders or radioactive materials
Use Takoma Park’s Waste Wizard to check if something can be brought to Public Works, or should be safely disposed of during our annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day.
Do you have an old desktop computer, cell phone, or MP3 player to get rid of? Learn more about Takoma Park’s Electronics Recycling Program.
Please direct your questions and concerns related to Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curbside Collection Services Sections
Georgetown University Energy Prize
Thank you to everyone who participated
Takoma Park Won Third Place!We Won 3rd Place!