Permit Area Parking
The Takoma Park Police Department is responsible for issuing parking permits for the City of Takoma Park. Permits are required for designated permit parking areas of the City of Takoma Park.
Residential Parking Permit Costs
- $12.50* One-year permit
- $20.00* Two-year permit
Business Parking Permit Cost
- $15.00* One-year permit
*NOTE: All permits have a $1.00 Mailing & handling charge.
Parking Permit Instructions & Information
- Parking permits for designated permit parking areas expire on June 30.
- Permits by mail are for residences AND businesses, with a $1 charge for mailing and handling.
- Residents should complete application form and return with payment to the Takoma Park Police Department. Photocopies of the current vehicle registration card for each vehicle and a driver’s license for at least one owner must be submitted with the form. Attachments must show a current Takoma Park address in the requested permit area. Include a day and evening phone number.
- A decal and year sticker for each registered vehicle will be mailed back within three business days of receipt. Two visitor parking permits will be included for each address.
- Businesses in the permit areas should submit the names of employees on company letterhead with their request. Not more than three employee permits are allowed. You must send in a copy of your driver’s license, registration and permit application with required current MD Traders license or evidence of the business being operated at an address within a given commercial area adjacent to a permit parking area. A home-based business must show evidence of a currently operating business which is current on payment of personal property taxes.
Map of Restricted Parking in Takoma Park
This map details parking restrictions in residential and commercial areas. Enter the address you are visiting in the search bar to see if it falls in an area with on-street residential parking permit requirements or parking meters.