Permit Area Parking
EXTENDED DEADLINE for renewing Residential AND Business Parking Permits to November 1, 2020
Because of COVID-19, renewing your residential AND business parking permits will be further extended to November 1, 2020. Please continue to display expired permits. Citations will NOT be issued to displayed expired permits through November 1, 2020. You may renew in person at the station during limited times, so please call 301-270-1100 prior to going to the station. You may also renew by US mail – information is below. BUSINESS parking permits may also be renewed by US mail during this timeframe.
NOTE: Because the City building is still not fully open, if you plan to renew in person in the police department lobby, please bring a check, exact cash, or a cell phone so you are able to call in a credit card payment.
Hours for permit renewal: M-F, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM**
**These hours are subject to change at any time due to the on-going pandemic and limited staff on-site**
If you have any questions, please contact parking enforcement at 301-891-7112.
The Takoma Park Police Department is responsible for issuing parking permits for the City of Takoma Park. Permits are required for designated permit parking areas of the City of Takoma Park.
Residential Parking Permit Costs
- $12.50* One-year permit
- $20.00* Two-year permit
Business Parking Permit Cost
- $15.00* One-year permit
*NOTE: All permits have a $1.00 Mailing & handling charge.
Parking Permit Instructions & Information
- Parking permits for designated permit parking areas expire on June 30 (extended to November 1, 2020 due to COVID-19).
- Permits by mail are for residences AND businesses, with a $1 charge for mailing and handling.
- Residents should complete application form and return with payment to the Takoma Park Police Department. Photocopies of the current vehicle registration card for each vehicle and a driver’s license for at least one owner must be submitted with the form. Attachments must show a current Takoma Park address in the requested permit area. Include a day and evening phone number.
- A decal and year sticker for each registered vehicle will be mailed back within three business days of receipt. Two visitor parking permits will be included for each address.
- Businesses in the permit areas should submit the names of employees on company letterhead with their request. Not more than three employee permits are allowed. You must send in a copy of your driver’s license, registration and permit application with required current MD Traders license or evidence of the business being operated at an address within a given commercial area adjacent to a permit parking area. A home-based business must show evidence of a currently operating business which is current on payment of personal property taxes.
Map of Restricted Parking in Takoma Park
This map details parking restrictions in residential and commercial areas. Enter the address you are visiting in the search bar to see if it falls in an area with on-street residential parking permit requirements or parking meters.