The Takoma Park Recreation Department provides extraordinary camp experiences at an exceptional value! Summer, winter and spring, we have a safe structured place for your child while school is on break. In addition to our traditional summer day camps, Camp Takoma and New Ave. Adventure Camp, we have historically offered a myriad of special interest camps such as basketball, dance, wilderness camp, theater and arts camps and many more. The summer of 2023 will again be very different due library construction and availability of MCPS gym rentals; we may not be able to offer the plethora of summer camps as we have in the past.
Register Online for Camps
You can register for camps, classes and request rentals on via Takoma Park’s through ActiveNet.
Summer Camp 2023 General Information
- Limited availability in our three general recreation camps (Camp Takoma, New Ave Adventure Camp & Just Teens Camp)
- We are limiting our specialized camps offerings this summer due to space limitations, this includes contractor led camps and Rookie Sports Camp.
- We will go on one bus trip per week.
- Counselor in Training (CIT) program is back – register early!
- Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is back on for this summer.
- Masks are not required indoors but strongly encouraged for any unvaccinated visitors in any City buildings or facilities, where social distancing is challenging, and/or when there is direct interaction between the public and employees. We will update this page as needed.
Winter Break Camp
Its cold outside and there is lots of holiday hustle and bustle, but we have a great week-long camp for ages 6-12. Escape the cold outside and join the fun inside! Space is limited and registration is open.
Spring Break Camps
Its getting warmer, school is out and fun is in! Participants will enjoy indoor and outdoor sports, games, crafts, and more. Don’t miss out!
This year we have:
- Around the World (Youth)
- Basketball Skills (Youth)
- STEAM (Teens)
We are always excited to bring you a fun filled summer, packed with lots of memories! Our camps continue to fill earlier and earlier so if you love our camps as much as we do, don’t wait. Historically registration has opened in early February and many camp filled that same day! If the camp you were interested in is already full we encourage you to wait list. Registration opens online and in-person on the dates listed below at 9am.
- Feb. 15 – Scholarship Awardees
- Feb. 22 – City Residents
- March 1 – Non-Residents
Limited Spaces Remain
Still needing summer camp for your youth or teen? Check out our New Ave Adventure Camp (7315 New Hampshire Ave) or our Just Teens Camp. We also have limited availability in our Camp Takoma and our specialty camps.
No matter the season, all campers are required to complete a Participant Profile Form prior to the start of camp.
If it is necessary for a participant to take over-the-counter or prescribed mediation during program hours, his/her Authorization for Medication Form must be completed in full by the physician and signed by the parent or guardian.
Register Online for Camps
You can register for camps, classes and request rentals on via Takoma Park's through ActiveNet.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line