Classes & Programs
The Takoma Park Recreation Department wants to help you make the most of your leisure time! We offer a wide variety of programs for every age group from infants to seniors and in-between. Find the perfect class or program in our current City Guide or register online via ActiveNet.
New this Fall, we are beginning to offer in-person classes! Continue to check back for an updated list of in-person classes. We will follow the latest CDC guidelines for small group classes while we offer classes outside. Registration is required as space is limited. Click here to register. Classes are FREE! Please note there is no restroom access or water fountains – be prepared!
Register Now for the Following In-Person Classes:
- Teen Fitness
- Teen Basketball Skills
- Youth Art in the Park
- Youth & Teen Mindfulness
- Adult Mobile Photography
In-Person Class Guidelines
- Maximum of 8 participants, remaining at least 6 feet apart at all times (including during water breaks and explanation of drills, exercises, etc.)
- During class, the instructor and students are allowed to take off their masks when they are physically distant from others (6 or more feet). They must put on their mask before and after class or if they have to interact directly with a person closer than 6 feet.
- City of Takoma Park facilities remain closed to the public. Please keep in mind, there are no restroom facilities or water fountains available outdoors. Please be sure to bring your own water.
- No congregating before or after the program in areas such as parking lots, fields, playgrounds etc.
- No physical contact (high fives, huddles, etc.) with other participants.
- Participants shall bring the following items with them to programs:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Participants shall also consider bringing the following items with them to programs:
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Bug spray
- Any equipment necessary for the class
Register Online for Classes
You can register for camps, classes and request rentals through ActiveNet.
- Classes & Programs
- Childcare Programs
- Recreation Scholarships
- Parks, Pavilions & Athletic Fields
- Virtual Community Center
Become a contractor with us!
All contractors and instructors are required to complete a background consent form prior to teaching or leading our programs. Please click the link below to complete the online application.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line