Classes & Programs
The Takoma Park Recreation Department wants to help you make the most of your leisure time! We offer a wide variety of programs for every age group from infants to seniors and in-between. Find the perfect class or program in our current City Guide or register online via ActiveNet.
Registration for Spring and Summer Classes and Programs begins at noon on the following dates:
March 8 – Current Scholarship Awardees
March 15 – Takoma Park Residents
March 22 – Non-Residents
Register Online for Classes
You can register for camps, classes and request rentals through ActiveNet.
We encourage everyone to participate in programs in which they identify or are most comfortable.
Become a contractor with us!
All contractors and instructors are required to complete a background consent form prior to teaching or leading our programs. Please click the link below to complete the online application.
- Effective Wednesday, March 9, 2022 masks are not required indoors but strongly encouraged for any unvaccinated visitors in any City buildings or facilities, where social distancing is challenging, and/or when there is direct interaction between the public and employees.
- Class maximums may be reduced to ensure proper physical distancing.
- No physical contact (high fives, huddles, etc.) with other participants.
- Participants should bring the following items with them to programs:
- Mask (if applicable – see above)
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- If using cash when registering, please bring correct change.
The City Guide is Here!
Learn about Circle Time, sign up for a class, or find out about family friendly events... it's all in the City Guide!Click here to view the most recent City Guide
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line