School Year 2023-24
Register for our traditional before care and after care for the upcoming school year. We have been working behind the scenes continuing to ensure the building, participants and staff are safe, while following the latest in state and local COVID guidelines (as applicable). Program emphasis is on providing leisure and recreation programs utilizing our facilities while having lots of fun! There is a 20% deposit due at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be divided into monthly payments beginning October 1st.
Morning & Afternoon Addition are offered at the Takoma Park Community Center – Sam Abbott Citizens’ Center (7500 Maple Ave)
Before & After the Bell is offered at the Takoma Park Recreation Center located on New Hampshire Avenue (7315 New Hampshire Ave)
Previous registration in a particular childcare program does not guarantee a space in the upcoming School Year program. Register early to ensure you have a space!
- Staff will pick up students at designated locations for the Community Center program (7500 Maple Ave.)
- Parents must arrange transportation through MCPS for the Recreation Center (7315 New Hampshire Ave.)
- Paperwork required prior to start date.
- Snacks are provided or your child may bring their own.
- Late fees apply to those picked up after 6:30pm.
- Masks are not required indoors but strongly encouraged for any unvaccinated visitors in any City buildings or facilities, where social distancing is challenging, and/or when there is direct interaction between the public and employees.
All participants are required to complete a Participant Profile Form prior to the start of the school year.
If it is necessary for a participant to take over-the-counter or prescribed mediation during program hours, their Authorization for Medication Form must be completed in full by the physician and signed by the parent or guardian.
Registration Fees 2023-2024
Before Care $1700 R/ $2000 NR
After Care $2500 R/ $3000 NR
Bundle Price Discount (registering for both before & after care at the same location) This discount is automatically applied at the time of registration.
Morning Care at TPCC (7500 Maple Ave) is full but is accepting a waitlist.
- 4/12 Scholarship Awardees
- 4/19 Takoma Park Residents
- 4/26 Non-Residents
Registration opens online and in person at 12 Noon on the dates listed above.
New for the 2023-2024 School Year, we are implementing an attendance policy. In an effort to provide services to families with the most need, the attendance policy is as follows:
- If you miss 5 consecutive days, you will be considered for withdrawal.
- If you miss 10 consecutive days, you will be recommended for withdrawal from the program.
Special consideration may be extended if we receive advance notice of your extended absence or there is a medical reason. This will help with staff scheduling, determining groups and all around planning for the program.
Register Online for Childcare Programs
You can register for childcare, classes and request rentals through ActiveNet.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line