School Year 2021-22
Register for our traditional before care and after care for the upcoming school year. We have been working behind the scenes continuing to ensure the building, participants and staff are safe, while following the latest in state and local COVID guidelines. Program emphasis is on providing leisure and recreation programs utilizing our facilities while having lots of fun! There is a 10% deposit due at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be divided into monthly payments beginning September 1st.
Morning & Afternoon Addition are offered at the Takoma Park Community Center – Sam Abbott Citizens’ Center.
Before & After the Bell is offered at the Takoma Park Recreation Center located on New Hampshire Avenue.
Previous registration in a particular childcare program does not guarantee a space in the upcoming School Year program. Register early to ensure you have a space!
All participants are required to complete a Participant Profile Form prior to the start of the school year.
If it is necessary for a participant to take over-the-counter or prescribed mediation during program hours, their Authorization for Medication Form must be completed in full by the physician and signed by the parent or guardian.
Registration Fees 2021-2022
Before Care $1500 R/ $1800 NR
After Care $2300 R/ $2800 NR
Bundle Price Discount (registering for both before & after care at the same location) This discount is automatically applied at the time of registration.
Registration is only available online. Please be sure to register for the right program and select the school your child attends (available to TPES and PBES only).
- Before & After the Bell – 7315 New Hampshire Ave
- Morning & Afternoon Addition – 7500 Maple Ave
Note: Aftercare for PBES students is full at both locations.
Before the Bell (New Hamp. Ave) for PBES is also full.
Please consider waitlisting for programs that are full.
- Staff will pick up students at designated locations for the Community Center program (7500 Maple Ave.)
- Parents must arrange transportation through MCPS for the Recreation Center (7315 New Hampshire Ave.)
- Masks are required while inside and when unable to physically distance outside.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page for additional COVID information.
- Paperwork required prior to start date.
- Snacks are provided or your child may bring their own.
- Late fees apply to those picked up after 6:30pm
Register Online for Childcare Programs
You can register for childcare, classes and request rentals through ActiveNet.
Keeping Everyone Safe + Healthy: COVID Mitigation Strategies
Maintaining the health and safety of our participants and staff is more than a goal; it is a core value for The Takoma Park Recreation Department. We will continuously monitor the latest recommendations from the CDC, state and local health departments and update as needed. Working together with our parents/guardians, we will take every precaution necessary to have a safe, healthy childcare program! We are committed to following rigorous, data-driven COVID mitigation strategies. Here’s a list of what we have done since reopening and COVID measures that are in place now. As restrictions lift, we anticipate MSDE’s (Maryland State Department of Education- Office of Child Care) guidelines to change as well.
- We have updated our ventilation system to purify the circulated air in the buildings.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed as a barrier around the building.
- TPRD will increase staff awareness of communicable disease procedures through required training offerings and enhanced procedures. Training will include, but is not limited to, health and safety procedures, what and how to clean/disinfect/sanitize, daily health self-assessment for staff and participant, general communicable disease information, participant health/symptom assessment and use of PPE.
- The maximum number of participants has been reduced for these childcare programs.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to self-monitor participants for COVID symptoms and report any symptoms to staff immediately.
- Participants will be assigned to cohort pods based on their school, not to interact amongst groups.
- All participants and staff will be required to wear a cloth face covering in the facility.
- Staff will engage in enhanced cleaning efforts during the day.
- All activities will be modified to increase distancing and to meet sanitation requirements.
- If a confirmed positive case of COVID is present amongst staff and/or participants, TPRD will work with the Montgomery County Health Department to follow all necessary contact tracing protocols. TPRD will notify families of all participants as soon as possible via email. The email to impacted families will detail pertinent information regarding the issue as well as the potential length of facility closure for deep cleaning.
- Participants will be asked to wash hands at scheduled times during the day. Hand sanitizer will be readily available and used frequently during program hours. Rooms will prominently display educational content, proper hygiene posters, and child-friendly hand washing instructions.
- Staff will monitor their group participants looking for signs of illness and will notify the appropriate personnel if a child develops a constant cough, shortness of breath or appears to have a fever. Participants may be moved to an isolated area as a safety measure.
- Parent/Guardian pick up at the end of the day will now be indoors (reverting back to pre-COVID times). If noted on the Participant Profile, participants will be allowed to walk home at a certain time.
The Winter 2022 City Guide is here!
Learn about Circle Time, sign up for a class, or find out about family friendly events... it's all in the City Guide!Click here to view the Winter 2022 City Guide
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line